Friday, April 29, 2011
My family loves this soup so much I've made a huge batch twice this month!
3 cups of shredded cooked chicken
2 cups of dry rice
3 cups of water
1 large box of low sodium chicken broth
3 tablespoons parsley
3-4 large carrots chopped
3-4 large stalks of celery chopped
1. Cook rice in 3 cups of boiling water. We use minute rice.
2. Do not drain rice but add 1 large box of low sodium chicken broth.
3. Add cooked chicken, chopped carrots and celery.
4. Add parsley, salt, pepper and any other seasoning to taste. We just add parsley, salt and pepper.
5. Cook on medium for 10-15 minutes until carrots and celery are tender.
6. Take off heat and serve.
This makes 4-5 huge bowls of it. If you let it sit for a while it will turn into more of a chowder as the rice will absorb more of the liquid. You can add more water or chicken broth in the beginning of the recipe if you want more broth.
*I took this picture the next afternoon when I reheated it for lunch. The original batch was much more "soupier". You do not need to add extra chicken broth or water if you eat this right away.