Pages

Friday, January 7, 2011

Mini Mushroom Omlets: A Quick, Easy and Tasty Recipe

My hubby and I are working on our weight (as in we want less of it).  With that in mind we I have made some breakfasts to put into the freezer so we can do a quick microwave in the morning and not be tempted to stop somewhere for breakfast on the way to work.

Here is what I used:

1/4 cup of Egg Beaters (or egg whites)
1 small fresh mushroom chopped
2 tablespoons of Morningstar Farms Soy Crumbles
1 tablespoon shredded cheese



I started by getting our new electric skillet (thanks Mom!)  and turning it to medium. Our stove is also on the fritz so I am being really cheap frugal until we can find one I really want. I am also very picky particular about what features a new one would have.

Step 1: Put 1/4 cup of egg beaters onto skillet making sure to form into an oval shape (mine isn't at all quite oval so that's okay)
 Step 2: Place mushrooms into mixture.
Step 3: Place frozen soy crumbles (or meat of choice) on top.
 
Step 4: top with cheese
Step 5: I used the spatula to push the egg mixture up and over the cheese. It ended up looking like a 1/2 circle once it was all said and done.

If you follow this recipe it should be under 100 calories for this easy breakfast. We added ours to 1 piece of toast with no butter so it ended up being around 150. Then we could still eat yogurt or fruit and not feel guilty at all!

UndertheTableandDreaming

WhisperWood Cottage

1 comment:

  1. That looks yummy. I am your newest follower from the Friday blog hop. Jenny at www.thepetersporch.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...