Pages

Monday, January 17, 2011

Organizing: Day 12 The Spice Cabinet

I had no idea how many spices I had I just knew they were all in the cabinet. I had a little riser thing but it didn't reach to the end of the cabinet and it bothered me when I still couldn't see them all.

Here is the absolute before picture:






I then took all of the spices out and threw out 2 that were outdated.



Then I pulled out the small rack (see how it leaves SO much room in the cabinet? I wish it fit better.) I then used my Basic H2 and microfiber cloth and wiped it out really well.
Then I installed a new spice organizer I found at Wal-Mart. It is made by Rubbermaid. Here is the box in case you want to pick one up for yourselves. It was $10.




The neat thing about this one is that it does THIS!
Yup! It comes down with the spices in it so you can see what they are. This really helps someone like me who is only 5 foot 3 and can barely reach into some parts of the cabinets anyway.  The last step was to put all the spices back in the organizer in alphabetical order (cuz I'm OCD like that).


All done! What do you think about that? I put my salt and pepper shakers on the right. I gave me just a tiny bit of space since I didn't center the rack inside my cabinet. (bad me)


Don't forget the FREE Shaklee Cinch Sampler Kit special for the month of January!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...